GET TO KNOW US
Relationships. Brands. Trust. We build them all. Whether it’s finishing a project within the agreed upon scope, hitting a creative home run, or developing the strategy that turns a contender into a leader, we have the talent to help grow your business—and have fun while doing it.
Full Circle was built on the philosophy of creating a better agency model. We build relationships with our clients based on transparency and results, not on billable hours and self-serving awards. We develop intelligent, practical strategies based on a thorough understanding of our clients’ marketing and communications objectives. To yield better results and long-term client success, we believe in relationship-based strategic advice, better project management and clear communication.
With a background in product marketing, brand management and marketing communications at some of the area’s largest companies, Steve leads the Full Circle strategy team with broad-based knowledge, unrivaled charisma and a competitive spirit that keeps us on our toes. He has a passion for brand strategy and helping companies understand who they are and what makes them unique. He is a past president of the West Michigan Chapter of the American Marketing Association and current Chairman of the Board for Goodwill Industries, he is actively engaged in the community and in life.
Mike’s passion is creating compelling and emotive brands that audiences will fall in love with—whether it’s through design, video, web, or a flyer on a telephone pole. While he has a strong background and affinity for motion, he looks at branding from a far broader perspective. Mike worked for Disney, Hanna-Barbera and Filmation Studios, allowing him to hone his photography and video experience. He then spent 20+ years providing strategy, art direction, copywriting, print and web design for various West Michigan agencies before joining Full Circle as Creative Director.
After three decades in corporate marketing leadership at Haworth and Izzy+, Rick decided it was time to join the “agency side” of things. With experience in strategic planning, product management, communications, and sales, Rick has an in-depth understanding of which “P” in marketing does what. What fires him up each day is the opportunity to help build brands, create marketing campaigns, craft employee communications, and launch new products. He’s a Grand Haven native with a knack for knowing everything about your office chair.
Back when Google launched in 1998, Matt was already immersed in the digital media landscape. He has been honing his craft for over two decades leading media for national brands including General Motors and many other clients. Most recently, he was the director of media for Meijer where he led an internal team of fifteen and external team of thirty, overseeing the strategy and procurement of all traditional and digital advertising as well as owned media and social media channels. Matt is excited to bring his experiences to Full Circle where he can help clients reach new and existing customers across both digital and traditional media channels.
With an eye for good design and love for all things creative, Alysse brings a solid marketing and communications background to Full Circle. Her experience spans many industries including chemical distribution, candy, IT services and nonprofits, but she has always been drawn to design-driven agencies. Not only does she have the ability to manage multiple projects and moving parts at one time, her energetic, creative flare adds something extra to her project management approach. As an avid crafter and aspiring home decorator, she keeps the creative energy flowing in all aspects of life.
Karen’s unflappable demeanor, eye for detail, and thorough follow-through ensure every website, email or app Full Circle develops meets or exceeds expectations. Her background includes coordinating marketing campaigns for specialty retailer, Family Christian Stores, and tradeshow displays for Exhibit Design Consultants. Her can-do attitude extends outside of Full Circle as she is an avid DIYer who’s not afraid of a challenge—or power tools.
As a seasoned multi-disciplinary designer, Josh’s career quickly checks off all of the standard “credential boxes”. With a BFA in Art & Design, 8+ years grinding in the industry, nationally awarded work, independent and agency experience, he gets to wear his hat backward. At the end of the day, his time in the creative field has taught him two universal truths. One, that design, when done well, is credibility. It unapologetically puts a stake in the ground and tells people why they should even care. And two, black coffee is king.
Rex is an experienced art director, designer, and illustrator. He loves bold, illustrative design and has a passion for custom typography. He’s a seasoned pro with years of experience in web and digital platforms. He attended graphic design school in Los Angeles before completing his degree at Kendall College of Art & Design. He’s spent much of his professional career helping clients with his time at Fusionary Media and Full Circle. He's a native Michigander who loves to spend time outside with his family.
Katie brings energy to the Full Circle team with a BFA in Art & Design and a passion for creativity. A six-year veteran of Full Circle, she has honed her skills for simple and clean design, creating thoughtful experiences that take work from “good” to “great”. Katie believes good design goes beyond aesthetics. It's a holistic approach from initial concept to final execution by collaborating and pushing the process to do more thoughtful creative work. As much as she loves Grand Rapids, being a northern Michigan native, she loves to head to Traverse City in the summertime.
A designer of things. A lipstick enthusiast. Kelsey loves to understand the people behind the brand before she delves into a new project. She brings a fresh, exciting and energetic perspective to the group. Previously part of the Mary Free Bed marketing team, she gained valuable experience and a passion for excellence that's well suited for the challenging agency-life.
Nick defies stereotypes. A skilled web development professional, with nearly 15 years of experience programming sites for clients such as Bissell, Amway and Haworth, his genuine friendliness and ability to relate on the ‘average’ person’s level is what makes Nick such an asset to the Full Circle team. In addition to being one of our web gurus, Nick’s our unofficial Chief of Security and our go-to IT expert.
Dave is known for pushing technical boundaries and sharing his discoveries. With over 10 years of web development experience with companies such as Gordon Food Service, Meijer and Wolverine Worldwide, his ability to bring complex sites and interactions to life using his creative and pragmatic problem-solving skills are pivotal in producing quality work.
Melissa, a recent graduate of Hope College, is the latest piece of the Full Circle development team puzzle. She was an intern for Full Circle, Collective Idea and Habitat for Humanity before joining our team as an Associate Web Developer. Whether she's behind a camera or her standing desk, Melissa maintains a strong devotion for achieving crisp, clean results with a youthful twist.
Tarah joined the Full Circle team with a passion for community, campaigns and creative brands. With a background in the nonprofit industry driving fundraising appeal strategies and project management for Kids’ Food Basket, Tarah has experience to help clients with strategic initiatives. Drawn to design-driven agencies, Tarah is excited to utilize her skill set to help clients develop unique brands, bold campaigns and innovative new ways to reach their audiences. When she’s not sipping black tea at her desk, you can find her brainstorming a new house project and playing with her two dogs.
Cheri is the oil in the machine that keeps everything at Full Circle running smoothly. In addition to managing all Full Circle bookkeeping responsibilities, including accounts payable and receivable, she also helps with a multitude of other human resources and office management tasks. All things critical to running a successful agency.
Do you think full circle?
Since 2002 Full Circle has been helping brands realize their goals and reach their audiences in unique, effective ways. If you are a passionate person looking to join a team of like-minded marketing and design professionals to create caffiene-fueled marketing mayhem, then we may have a spot for you.
- You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including:
- Managing time sensitive website updates in a fast-paced environment (includes basic PHP coding, content changes/edits)
- Performing quality assurance for client websites and new product releases which involves high attention to detail and documentation skills
- Following established policies and procedures to assist clients most effectively
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting cases by searching for solutions and providing education as well as issue resolution
- Optimizing ExpressionEngine and PHP based applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Create HTML/CSS for website and email development projects
- Perform CMS maintenance and upgrades for clients
- Help build site enhancements and new functionality
- Work with clients and strategy team to define site requirements, develop architecture and plan site implementation
- Collaborate with designers/art directors to understand user interface and programming specifications
- Perform web page optimization, graphics production/optimization
- Translate Photoshop or Sketch documents into clean, compliant HTML/CSS templates to be integrated into one of several CMS systems (Expression Engine experience a plus)
- Create responsive solutions for desktop, tablet and mobile applications
- Perform cross-browser testing and standards compliance checking
- Collaborate with application developers to ensure that client-side code meets application requirements and integrates properly with other system modules
- Learn new applications and processes
- Utilize Google Analytics for client sites
- Program open source modules including events, online payment, file sharing, news, video, etc. into client sites
- Integrate social media platforms into new client websites
- Communicate progress, expectations and deliverables with Project Managers
- Ensure client receives accurate and timely delivery of projects
- Must be professional, highly motivated and able to thrive in a multi-task environment
- Must demonstrate ability to manage, maintain and develop within ExpressionEngine CMS
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Twitter etc)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3